Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Donnell Collins, strives for local ingredients to give Leunig’s Bistro, not only its famous flavors but also its unique experience. Here she shares the recipe for their Cavatappi Carbonara. Taste it at Leunig’s Bistro or make it at home! Check back to enjoy more Monument Fresh Vermont recipes.
- Servings: 1
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- 1 sliced and roasted chicken breast
- ¼ cup bacon lardons
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup grated manchego
- 1 cup petite peas
- ¾ cup oven roasted tomatoes
- 2½ cup cavatappi pasta
- Parsley and manchego to garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat olive oil in pan to medium-high heat
- Add roasted chicken breast and bacon lardons to pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let brown.
- Add Monument Farms Heavy Cream to pan and simmer.
- Reduce liquid to half.
- When thickened, add parmesan and manchego. Stir into sauce to melt.
- Add roasted tomatoes and peas. Stir into cream until heated to temperature.
- Add cavatappi pasta to sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve warm.
71 S Union St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
730 Lake Rd, Benson, VT 05731, USA
26 Common Rd, Westford, VT 05494, USA
446 West St, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
6886 VT-125, Hancock, VT 05748, USA
Waterhouses: Lodging, Campground & Marina, 937 W Shore Rd, Salisbury, VT 05769, USA
260 US-2, South Hero, VT 05486, USA
1 E Allen St, Winooski, VT 05404, USA
419 Main St, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
30 Union St, Brandon, VT 05733, USA