Klinger's Bread Company
Cheddar Chive Scones
Do you know what a savory scone goes well with? Everything! This recipe pairs well as a hearty side to almost any dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Special thanks to the Klinger’s team and local baker, Paul Lyons, for mixing up a batch of cheddar chive scones made with local Cabot cheese and of course Monument Farms Heavy Cream. Visit their bakery in Williston to taste these and other tempting treats, or make it at home! Check back to enjoy more Monument Fresh Vermont recipes.
Please Note: The recipe filmed is Klinger’s normal bakery sized recipe (120 scones). The directions and ingredients listed in titles on screen are for a scaled-down version (25-30 scones). The recipe as posted here is also for the scaled-down version.
- 10 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 10 oz butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 oz chopped chives
- 2.5 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups Monument Farms Heavy Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except for heavy cream in a mixer bowl (with paddle attachment).
- Mix on first speed until mixture is coarse like sand (butter should be pea size or smaller).
- Gradually add heavy cream until just combined. Be careful to not over mix the dough. If the mixture seems dry, add more cream.
- Bring dough together into a uniform ball shape and flatten onto a floured table . Roll out to 3/4" thickness.
- Cut out scones by using a 2.5" round biscuit cutter. When the first batch of scones is cut, you can re-roll the dough to minimize waste.
- Bake scones for approx. 20 minutes, until golden brown on edges. For a nicer look, you can egg wash the tops prior to baking.
Showing 1 - 10 of 341 locations
71 S Union St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
730 Lake Rd, Benson, VT 05731, USA
26 Common Rd, Westford, VT 05494, USA
446 West St, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
6886 VT-125, Hancock, VT 05748, USA
Waterhouses: Lodging, Campground & Marina, 937 W Shore Rd, Salisbury, VT 05769, USA
260 US-2, South Hero, VT 05486, USA
1 E Allen St, Winooski, VT 05404, USA
419 Main St, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
30 Union St, Brandon, VT 05733, USA