Chicken Shahi Korma
We are so excited to showcase this dish from Nepali Kitchen’s Owner and Chef, Jeetan Khadka. This not-so-traditional take on Chicken Korma demonstrates the incredible versatility our Monument Fresh Vermont Cream has in its ability to bring unmatched taste to cuisines from any culture. Taste it at Nepali Kitchen, or make it to warm the family at home on a chilly Vermont night! Check back to enjoy more Monument Fresh Vermont recipes.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 medium-sized red tomatoes diced
- 9-10 chicken thighs (approx. 2 lbs)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp panch phoron
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups Monument Farms Dairy heavy cream
- 1 cup cashew almond ground mix
- ½ cup coconut powder
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaf
- Rice (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Chop the onion, tomato, and chicken thighs.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spices: turmeric, cumin powder, curry powder, paprika salt, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, and ginger garlic paste to the chicken.
- Mix thoroughly, cover, and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoon cooking oil, panch phoron, and red onions over medium heat.
- Add the marinated chicken and cover reducing the heat to low.
- Once the chicken is halfway cooked, add the tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add the butter and yogurt, cover, and let melt into the sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients: Monument Farms heavy cream, cashew almond mix, coconut powder, and dried fenugreek leaf.
- Bring everything to a boil while stirring.
- Serve in a decorative bowl with a side of your favorite rice.