A special thanks to Co-Owner, Matt Corrente, and Chef Pablo Murphy-Torres for welcoming us in their kitchen and sharing their wildly popular recipe for Ragu Bolognese. It will shake up pasta night and spice up family dinner! Try it yourself, or get it fresh at The Arcadian. Be sure to check out all of our Monument Fresh Vermont Recipes!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions, small diced
- 2 stalks celery, small diced
- 2 carrots, small diced
- 1½ lb ground beef chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 oz ground pancetta trim (or chopped prosciutto)
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 qt veal stock
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp colatura (optional)
- 1 parmesan rind (optional)
- 1½ cups Monument Farms Whole Milk
- 1 cup Monument Farms Heavy Cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot. Add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown. Add vegetables and sauté over medium-low heat for 8-10 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the meats in small chunks and use a spoon to break it up into small crumbs. Cook it very gently at this stage, the goal is to remove the ‘redness’ of the meat but not to aggressively brown it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock, wine, tomato, cheese rind (optional) and colatura (optional) and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the milk up in a separate pot and add it gradually to the simmering sauce. Cook 1 more hour at a low simmer until meat is meltingly tender. The ragu is now ready for your favorite pasta!
- For serving, warm 1 cup of the ragu in a skillet with 1 tbsp of butter and 1 cup of Monument Farms Heavy Cream. Add cooked pasta, 2 tbsp pasta water and cook together until thickened. Finish with ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Showing 1 - 10 of 341 locations
71 S Union St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
730 Lake Rd, Benson, VT 05731, USA
26 Common Rd, Westford, VT 05494, USA
446 West St, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
6886 VT-125, Hancock, VT 05748, USA
Waterhouses: Lodging, Campground & Marina, 937 W Shore Rd, Salisbury, VT 05769, USA
260 US-2, South Hero, VT 05486, USA
1 E Allen St, Winooski, VT 05404, USA
419 Main St, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
30 Union St, Brandon, VT 05733, USA