The Skinny Pancake
SUGAR SHACK CRÊPE
A special thanks to Executive Chef, Keith Lada, from the Skinny Pancake for sharing their signature crêpe recipe, and showing us how they fill it with classic Vermont flavors to create the Sugar Shack. If you want to step it up from pancakes every once and a while, you can try it yourself or come into Skinny Pancake to see what local flavors they might be serving up. Make sure to check out all of our Monument Fresh Recipes!
- SAVORY CRÊPE BATTER INGREDIENTS
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz Monument Farms Whole Milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- SWEET CRÊPE BATTER (make the following adjustments to the above recipe)
- Omit the salt
- Add 1½ tbs granulated sugar
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- SUGAR SHACK CRÊPE FILLING
- 1 tsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 sweet crêpe
- 1 oz Vermont Maple Syrup (to serve on the side)
- Powdered sugar (to garnish if desired)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the crêpes (savory + sweet) – In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add ½ cup flour, mix well, add remaining ½ cup of flour.
- If making savory crêpes, add salt. If making sweet crêpes, add vanilla extract & sugar.
- While whisking continually, slowly drizzle in the melted butter.
- Heat a 8" or 10" non-stick pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Brush pan with extra melted butter.
- Pour 3 tablespoons (8" pan) or 4 tablespoons (10" pan) into the pan and swirl until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Cook for 20-30 seconds, or until the edge of the crêpe looks dry and starts to pull away from the edge of the pan. Flip and cook for 10-15 seconds more. Remove from the pan and cool on a flat surface.
- Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Stack crêpes on a plate. They can be wrapped tightly and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or used immediately.
- To make the Sugar Shack Crêpe and filling – Cook sweet crêpe according to the directions above.
- In a large nonstick pan, place the crepe spread out on the bottom and fold in half.
- Place the pat of butter on the crêpe and allow it to begin melting. Move the butter over the whole crêpe until all surfaces have been buttered.
- Sprinkle the maple sugar evenly over the crêpe.
- Take the lower left corner of the crêpe and fold the corner up to where 11:00 would be if the crêpe was a clock. This should form a triangle with ⅔ of the crêpe. Fold one more time to complete the triangle.
- Serve with hot Vermont Pure Maple Syrup and powdered sugar.
Showing 1 - 10 of 341 locations
71 S Union St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
730 Lake Rd, Benson, VT 05731, USA
26 Common Rd, Westford, VT 05494, USA
446 West St, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
6886 VT-125, Hancock, VT 05748, USA
Waterhouses: Lodging, Campground & Marina, 937 W Shore Rd, Salisbury, VT 05769, USA
260 US-2, South Hero, VT 05486, USA
1 E Allen St, Winooski, VT 05404, USA
419 Main St, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
30 Union St, Brandon, VT 05733, USA